Coat of arms of New Ingerland
|Coat of arms of New Ingerland|
|Crest||The Royal crown of New Ingerland|
|Escutcheon||Vert a Horse courant Argent, [...]|
|Supporters||Two Rams rampant proper|
The Coat of arms of New Ingerland date back to 1836, when New Ingerland was first settled.
The heraldic blazon of New Ingerland's coat of arms is:
Vert a horse courant Argent, on a chief Azure supported by a fillet a cross crosslet between two mullets of eight points Or.
The New Ingerland coat of arms feature symbols that show the relationship of New Ingerland and it's people to the land and it's history.
|Crest||The crest of the arms feature the Crown of New Ingerland. It is set as reminder of the Monarchy of New Ingerland, and the loyalty of the people to the Crown.|
|Helm||The crown rests upon a golden helm with mantling of blue and gold.|
|Escutcheon||The shield features a a horse galloping (or courant in heraldic terms). The horse is also known as Saxon stead, and reflects the Germanic origins of New Ingerland's name. As a point of difference, the horse is on a field of green instead of the typical red seen in German heraldry. The top third of the shield is filled by a heraldic ordinary known as a chief. The chief is separated from the rest of the shield by a thin yellow line known as a fillet, which represents the separation between the land and sea. The chief itself is blue, and on it can be found two stars, representing Alpha Centauri and Beta Centauri, (known colloquially as the Pointers), indicating New Ingerland's place in the southern hemisphere as well as the two major islands of the Moonshine Archipelago; Brunswich Island and the Lunen Island. Between the stars sits a type of cross known as a cross crosslet, which is a sign of the Christian belief of the people of New Ingerland.|