New Ingerland Army
|New Ingerland Army|
|Founded||11 February 1856|
|Chief of Staff||MAJGEN David Emerson-Hill|
The New Ingerland Army is the primary land component of the New Ingerland Defence Force. It is a small, yet effective force of 31,750 personnel engaged as full-time, reserve, or conscript soldiers. Despite it's small size, the Army is considered to be one of the the most technologically sophisticated and tactically skilful forces in the South Ardentic region.
The New Ingerland Army is established under the royal prerogative, and the traditional head and commander-in-chief of the Army is Geoffrey VII. The professional head of the New Ingerland Army is the Chief of the Army Staff, currently Major-General David Emerson-Hill. The Chief of the Army in turn reports to the Chief of the Defence Force Staff.
The strength and size of the New Ingerland Army reflects Ingerland's commitment to a doctrine of Total Defence, as outlined in the Defence Readiness Act. The Army is required to maintain its capability of defending and maintaining superiority over the airspace of the realm from an external threat, and in tandem with the Navy, Air Force, and Coast Guard; neutralise any threat as it emerges.
The Total Defence doctrine also requires the New Ingerland Army to maintain an active reserve force of appropriate size, and where appropriate train a number of national serviceman each year in order to keep the active reserve force fully capable.
The New Ingerland Army was established on the 11 February 1856.
The Army is divided into the Regular Army, the Territorial Militia, and (until recently) national servicemen. The regular army is a full professional outfit, whereas the militia is a part time reserve outfit only called upon in emergencies. National service was suspended by the government in 2016. By law, conscripts could never be deployed onto active duty and acted only in a support role after their initial training period.
Each divisional outfit is made up members that serve as infantry, artillery, cavalry, engineers and logistics. These outfits are divided into brigades, battalions/squadrons, companies, and troops. Each of these units is commanded by a officer of lessening rank down to a troop, which is usually commanded by a lieutenant.
The New Ingerland Army's operational headquarters is located at Gatehouse Square in Kingsbury. The headquarters of the four brigades are located at Port Frederick (1st Brigade), Darbysleigh (2nd Brigade), Raleigh (3rd Brigade), and Regentsmere (4th Brigade). In addition, specialist units of the Army can be found at TBD (Commando Forces Regiment), and St Collen (Royal Parachute Regiment).
Most centres with more than 5,000 residents will also have a militia depot, with a company or squadron raised from the inhabitants of the town. Training is led from the Royal Military Collegem which is located at just north of Kingsbury in the village of Eddleton. Other training facilities for the army can be found at Ōtūmata (basic training), Danehurst (artillery), TBD (armour), TBD (infantry), and TBD (combat support).
|Awamangu Barracks||Darbysleigh, DEVX||
||Includes Blackwater Training Area|
|Berbera Barracks||Kingsbury, CENT||
|Fields of Mars Barracks||Kingsbury, CENT||
|Ōtūmata Military Camp||Ōtūmata, DEVX||
|Territorial Militia Centre||Kingsbury, CENT||
|Territorial Militia Centre||Williamsdene, BEAU||
Ranks and uniform
References and notes
- ↑ Defence Readiness Act (Public Act No. 22 of 1984).