St Michael's Chapel, Warmford Regis
|St Michael's Chapel|
|The King's Chapel of St. Michael the Archangel, Warmford Regis|
St Michael's Chapel from the north-west
Warmford Regis, CENT
|Founder(s)||Prince Philip, Duke of Rockland|
|Dedication||St. Michael the Archangel|
|Dedicated||29 September 1919|
|Consecrated||25 December 1919|
|Heritage designation||Grade IIr|
|Designated||26 August 1986|
|Groundbreaking||4 February 1913|
St Michael's Chapel (formally known as The King's Chapel of St. Michael the Archangel, Warmford Regis) is a Christian church located at Warmford Regis, approximatly 32 1⁄5-mile (51.8 km) from the national capital, Kingsbury. The chapel is an official place of worship for Governor-General of New Ingerland, and the Ingerish Royal Family when they visit New Ingerland. The present chapel dates to 1919, having replaced a temporary wooden church built on the same site in 1882.
As a Chapel Royal, St Michael's Chapel currently uses an Ingerian form of worship, although it is not under the episcopal authority of the bishops and clergy of the Ingerian Church of New Ingerland. Instead, the chapel is part of the Crown Estate and is governed by the Chapter of St Michael's Chapel, a body led by a Dean and two Canons.
The chapel is the focal point for many royal and vice-regal occasions. It is here that many of the pastoral needs of Governors-General take place, including baptisms, confirmations, weddings, and the burial of the dead.